It's Rose, cuter than God himself!

Monday, February 05, 2007

Well, here's the promised photos.

I must warn you that a few of them are pretty graphic, and show the incision and a lot of swelling, but I will warn you before they appear. If you don't wish to see them, be carefull.

I will let Rose tell her story.


Here I am on the way to the hospital for my cochlear implant surgery. I have a brand new car seat that I got for my birthday. It's a cold morning outside, but I'm so stylish I create my own heat! ;)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Daddy and I waited in this room while mommy registered me. There were an awful lot of other kids there for all different kinds of surgery.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Then a nurse came and got us. She checked all of my vital signs and made sure I was healthy and strong.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I put on the special hospital jammies. They were HUGE, but I wore them anyway. I like that this is a children's hospital because there is neat stuff to play with almost everywhere!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Mommy and daddy went with me to a special playroom, and we waited for the surgeon to be ready. The anesthesiologist came and got me when it was time.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


A few hours later I woke up in mommy's arms with a great big bandage on my head. I had some apple juice and some cuddles and I was feeling much more awake.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Just a little later I was feeling so much better. This is my big bandage. I saw it in a mirror and I think it looks so cool! My face is starting to get swollen on one side though.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Soon it will be time for me to go to sleep for the night, so I am getting ready with my favorite book. I'm pretty tired, so sleeping in the big hospital crib won't be to much of a problem. Daddy and mommy brought me a few of my favorite things from home so I would be comfortable.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The nurses who are taking care of me are so nice. I have flirted with them so much that now they all love me!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Now I'm sound asleep for the night. Mommy is staying here in the room with me all night. Daddy is going home to get some good sleep so he can take care of me tomorrow.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


In the morning I got my big bandage taken off. The side of my head is really swollen, and it makes my ear stick out a whole lot! It's pretty funny. It looks like a satellite dish on the side of my head. I feel pretty good though.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


THIS NEXT PICTURE IS GRAPHIC... BE WARNED


Here is what the incision looks like. It's pretty big, but it really doesn't hurt much. Most of the implant is tucked in under the middle of the big bald spot. The area is hugely swollen and starting to bruise, but that's normal. There are no stitches on the outside. Just this special tape. The tape has some blood soaked into it, which makes it all look worse than it is. The worst thing of all is that I just finally started to grow some hair, and they come along and shave it off! How Rude!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This morning I didn't feel so good. Some of the medicine they gave me didn't agree with my tummy, and I ruined mommy's white shirt, but now I feel just fine. SEE! And I really like the nice people here, and the cool shiny purple floor!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


All of a sudden I started to have a fever! Oh, no. Mommy and I will have to stay here another night. Daddy is helping me to feel better though. This is the chair-bed that mommy will sleep in again. It's right next to my crib, so that I know she's right there if I need her.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Uggh! I don't feel good. It seems that my lungs collapsed a little bit, and this fever is really high, my face is super swollen, and mostly I want to go home. It's nice here, but it's not home. I just don't feel good at all.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Mommy and the nurse have been working at getting my fever down. I'm starting to feel a bit cooler, and I'm starting to feel like playing, but it's 4:00 in the morning! Oh, I stole this when the nurse wasn't looking.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I might be a nurse when I grow up, too.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Hey! Guess what? It's morning, and I finally get to go home! Yay! Home!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, February 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so proud of Rose....I love her story

     
  • At 5:58 PM, February 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    where would we be without the blog just awesome seeing the photos and reading about it all
    Well done guys..........I did skip the graphic photo........
    Do give Rose a big big cuddle from us all in . Wait till you see her face when she first hears sounds , it will be pretty special. I remember our neighbours children when they had there implants turned on. It was things like balloons popping, hearing the phone........So awesome .. Luv from the Gainsfords

     
  • At 8:05 PM, February 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey hey rose its max here poppys friend im so sad to here that your lung collapsed. Is it good to be home again. Your going to like it when you here the pitter patter of the rain becouse you feel all cozy inside. When you come to new zealand me you and poppy can go on adventures. A couple of weeks ago me and poppy went to whakatane/ohope it was hot AS we cant wait to see you when you come over

    bye bye

     

Post a Comment

<< Home